Guidewire – Developer
Reports to: Lead/Manager
Base Location: Pune
Minimum years of experience: 2-9yrs in IT with at least 2+yrs experience in Guidewire
Basic Education Qualification: Graduation (B.E., B.Tech, BCA, MCA) Certification: Good to have Guidewire Certified Specialist (Any PC/CC/BC)
Preferred Certification: AINS certification, Agile SCRUM
Technology specific experience
- 2+ years of GW experience in Guidewire • Preferably worked on at least One full E2E GW implementation
- Experience in Guidewire Claim Center / Policy Center / Billing Center Configuration
- Extensive experience in GOSU scripting – including good understanding of Guidewire XML, XSD structures.
- Strong Java coding expertise in and Java Enterprise Edition with a minimum of 2 years recent development experience
- Working knowledge of SOAP / REST web service – Should be able to create/ consume the web services in Java – Understanding of XML, XSD Knowledge of messaging, plugins
- Experience on any database Oracle / SQL Server and well versed in SQL
- Experience in Insurance domain, preferably in Property & Casualty
- Agile experience is required • Product model set-up/ Rating experience preferred.
- Proven experience in DevOps and tooling
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Perform impact analysis, including estimation, based on business requirements for the Guidewire Suite (including Workflows, Data Model, Rules, PCFs validation, coding).
- Prepare design documents based on the requirement which include High Level Design, Low Level Design Document, and imparting technical and business knowledge to the team.
- Provide application support, including resolution of all incidents and requests in line with SLAs and proactively managing problems.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the application support function by maintaining awareness of technology developments and making appropriate recommendations to enhance application services.
- Perform key role in end-to-end Guidewire implementation programs across all modules.
- Collaborate and liaise with distributed delivery teams including offshore teams