Guidewire – Business Analyst
Reports to: Project Manager
Base Location: Pune Minimum years of experience: 6 – 9 years (with experience in Business Analysis for Guidewire PolicyCenter /ClaimCenter/BillingCenter)
Basic Education Qualification: Graduation (B.E., B.Tech, BCA, MCA)
Preferred Qualification/ Certification: Guidewire Certified Professional (Any), AINS certification
Technology specific experience
- Must have sound domain knowledge of Property & Casualty Insurance (Personal Lines preferred)
- Must have good working experience on multiple Guidewire implementations (Policy Center/BillingCenter/ClaimsCenter)
- Core Competence in Business Analysis including Analysis & Study of Business Requirements, Technical & Functional Specifications, Data/Interface/Process
- Design, coordination of cross functional Team for Timely & Quality deliverables
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with proficiency in all phases of Requirement Management, including gathering, analysing, detailing and tracking requirements
- Must have actively participated in Pre-sales activities, proposal making etc.
- Must have demonstrable experience in client interaction & presentations
- Possess a detailed-oriented nature with excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving skills, and recognized for being a valued team player.
- Should have experience working with tools like TFS, Jira
- Must be ready to relocate to Pune
- Excellent business communication, leadership skills
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Documenting requirements (Use Case and Activity Diagrams)
- Building business Process Flow Charts using tools such as Visio/Rose.
- Perform requirement walkthroughs with the Dev and QA teams with the aim to develop testing strategies and test plans such that test cases reflect user needs.
- Assist the overall testing process by activities such as Change and Defect Management and conducting User Acceptance Testing.
- Conduct Gap analysis to understand new business model and additional functionalities to be incorporated into the new application.
- Contribute to the state rollouts as a part of the bigger team by working on specific components
- Ensuring all checklists are properly followed
- Liaise with the onsite team
- Attending calls for understanding requirements & review meeting